Evening Dining at the Inn
|"Each course is assembled with amazing beauty and delicious combinations of textures, smells and flavors. Imagine eating incredible food you cannot get anywhere else and you can begin to understand why this Inn is such a treasure.” – guest in a TripAdvisor.com review
Dinner is available at the Inn on Tuesday through Saturday evenings, prepared by our talented Chef Adam Policinski. Priority is given to reservations by overnight guests, but there is frequently space available for guests not staying at the Inn.
Saturday Night Dinner and Weeknight Chef Dinners present a five-course progression of tastes and textures that you will long remember. This is Contemporary American Cuisine at its finest. See a sample Saturday/Weeknight Chef Dinner menu. See pricing and more details below.
The four-course Friday Night Dinner is the perfect beginning to a relaxing weekend, with just the right blend of familiar comforting food masterfully prepared in unexpectedly creative ways. See a sample Friday menu.
We host specialty dinners throughout the year, including wine dinners with local wineries, and dinners inspired by local bounty such as our Asparagus Dinner in the Spring and our Tomato Dinner in August. To receive early notice of our special event dinners throughout the year, be sure you are on our email newsletter list or follow us on facebook.
EVENING DINING DETAILS
Dinner menus are fixed and represent a carefully thought out progression. With advance notice we are happy to adjust meals to accommodate special dietary needs or personal dislikes. Please let us know at the time you make your reservation of any special needs. To see samples of recent menus, click Friday or Saturday and Weeknight Chef Dinner.
- For Friday and Saturday nights, we like to hear from you by Wednesday of the same week.
- For Tuesday through Thursday Dinner with the Chef, 48 hour notice is appreciated.
- Priority goes to overnight guests, but many times there are openings for guests not spending the night. Please call.
- Tuesday through Saturday, single seating at 7:00.
- Saturday nights, single seating at 7:00, following a half hour social gathering that starts at 6:30.
- Saturday dinner and Tuesday - Thursday Dinner with the Chef, $72.50 per person plus tax, 18% gratuity, and any wine or other beverages purchased.
- Friday, $48.50 per person plus tax, 18% gratuity, and any wine or other beverages purchased.
- Special event dinners, e.g., New Years, Valentines Wine Dinners: varies
The Inn can host private dinner parties for up to 40 guests on weeknights (Tuesday through Thursday nights) on a space available basis. Please call us with your thoughts and ideas and we would be delighted to help you plan your party.
Morning Breakfast at the Inn
A decadently delicious three course breakfast is included with your overnight stay. Breakfast is fixed menu. With advance notice, we are happy to adjust breakfast to accommodate special dietary needs/dislikes. Please let us know at the time you make your reservation of any special needs. A typical breakfast might include:
One of our own homemade breads
- Carrot Cake Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar Butter (see link to recipe below), or
- Gingerbread Scones with Lemon Curd Butter, or
- Lodi Apple Bread made from the first apples of the season (see link to recipe below)
- Banana-Rhubarb Sundaes with Strawberry “Sprinkles”
- Breakfast Ambrosia (pineapple, oranges, and mango in a banana-orange-coconut sauce)
- Breakfast Waldorf (local Honey Crisp apples, red grapes, toasted pecans and vanilla yogurt with a grind of fresh nutmeg)
- Roasted Vegetable Strata with Smoked Gouda served with Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Sausage
- Local Eggs in a Jarlsburg Cheese Sauce with Bacon, Tomato, Basil and Arugula Topping
- Local Egg Roulade filled with fresh Corn and Basil served with a Yellow Tomato Couli and Crispy Prosciutto.
Check out some of our favorite Breakfast Recipes.
Afternoon Refreshments at the Inn
Afternoon refreshments are available during the check-in hours between 3:00 and 5:00 each afternoon.
- In fall, hot or chilled local apple cider from a nearby orchard.
- In winter, made-from-scratch hot chocolate with whipped cream you can pile on high.
- Warm weather, lemonade and iced tea served with mint julep syrup.
- All seasons, our own homemade cookies, warm from the oven.
Photography courtesy of Ms. Jenna's Photography, LLC