What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness, most simply put, is a special way of paying attention, on purpose, to our current moment, fully, and with openness and acceptance. Mindfulness allows us to tap into our inner resources, wisdom and strength in order to respond wisely to our challenges as opposed to reacting automatically. It enhances our sense of balance and empowerment, so we can make choices that allow us to cope better and even thrive within the face of stress and adversity. Mindfulness, a basic human quality, can be cultivated to improve overall health and quality of life. It is a way to nourish and integrate body, mind, and spirit, decreasing the impact of stress and allowing in more joy, peace and well-being.
Decades of medical research studies show lasting reductions in physical and psychological symptoms, reduction of and improved coping with chronic pain, and significantly improved satisfaction, joy, and quality of life.
Medical studies have proven that mindfulness provides benefits for: general stress reduction, chronic medical illnesses, insomnia, changes of menopause, relationship conflicts, adjunctive support for cancer, chronic pain, emotional and/or psychological distress.
What does this have to do with The Inn at Vaucluse Spring?
One of the major reasons that Tiffany and Derrick decided to purchase the Inn at Vaucluse Spring in 2015 was the retreat-like natural setting here that provides an unspeakable sense of tranquility, peace, and rejuvenation. The Inn at Vaucluse Spring specializes in wellness retreats and programs, providing a calm and relaxing escape. Prior to moving to Virginia, Tiffany was a practicing physician in Hawaii for 16 years, specializing in teaching mindfulness to community individuals, groups, and businesses. She additionally specializes in mindfulness for health care workers and organizations and mindful leadership for businesses and corporations of all sizes. She has led mindfulness workshops and retreats for many years in Hawaii and is carrying on that passion here in Virginia at the Inn. Please be sure to sign up for our newsletter if you are interested in learning about future offerings. Tiffany is also available to create a custom program for your group or company. The offerings are experiential and intimate, so class sizes are limited. Custom larger groups can be arranged.
- Introduction to Mindfulness: for those who want to learn about mindfulness in a peaceful retreat setting while still having time to play and explore the wonders of the Shenandoah Valley in the afternoon and evenings.
- Mindful Mornings: Small and intimate, hour-long classes in the morning, practicing a combination of meditation, yoga, and mindful walking
- Custom Programs: if you have a group with a particular interest we can custom create a plan for you based on your desires and level of experience.
How can mindfulness be helpful in the workplace?
Mindfulness workplace programs have been proven to: increase focus/attention, improve productivity, increase creativity, emotional intelligence, employee and customer satisfaction, communication skills, empathy, solution finding/out of the box thinking, and group morale. These mindfulness programs also decrease stress at the individual level and create work environments that are more collaborative, creative, supportive and healthy. Healthier and happier employees translate to less sick days, lower health-care costs, improved employee retention, and higher productivity in the workplace. Because of these many benefits, mindfulness workplace programs are becoming the norm in high profile companies such as: Google, ebay, Ford Motor Company, Kaiser Permanente, General Mills, Facebook, and even NASA.
How can mindfulness be helpful in other areas of life?
- Mindful Communication: strategies for communicating with deep insight and clarity, honesty, and respect for self and others
- Mindful Communication for Couples: specifically tailored to couples, compassionately exploring patterns that interfere with open communication and practicing and cultivating patterns that enhance intimacy
- Mindful Leadership: for those wanting to enhance their ability to relate to others, inspire teams, and lead by example with wisdom, heart and emotional intelligence
- Mindful Parenting: for parents looking for an effective and compassionate way to communicate and interact with children
- Mindfulness at Work and In Life: to improve productivity, creativity and promoting healthy and inspiring workplace environments
Find out more about Tiffany here.